Friday, October 30, 2009

Why I chose what I chose

For those of you who know me (and are able to sift out my bulls***), with regards to music I love cadences. I love them more than anything. It's the one music anchor to which I gladly hold on to, (sometimes for dear life, especially on a certain wednesday lecture...) and of all the cadences I love I must say the ones I love most are chromatic cadences and... Picardy 3rds. If Tritones were considered Diabolus in Musica (the devil in music) then I think Picardy 3rds were probably considered Sanctum Musica, the holiness in music (Citation needed). You would practically need a 9mm pressed to my head to stop me from going on and on about imagery with regards to picardy 3rds I tell you!

I also love comic characters with no super powers (I think that guy with the curl for a fringe so oiled and voice so deep and ladies screaming to be saved by him is queer at best... no not elvis, I meant clark kent) therefore I love Bruce Wayne and Frank Castle very much. Very much.

SO, imagine my joy and delight when I came across Seal's Kiss from a rose! A song filled with picardy 3rds (nearly every three chords once) and the theme song for one of the Batman movies! [plus Seal's last name is Samuel, so that kind of sealed the deal (no pun intended)].

The above ramblings in essence is my rationale for choosing the song I have chosen, namely Seal's Kiss from a Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers